|Paryavaran Evam Prodyogiki Utthan Samiti (PEPUS) was established in 1990 as a non-profit organization and registered under Societies Registration Act 1860 and ForeignContribution Regulation Act (FCRA). It has its head office at Allahabad but it started operating (1994) in a remote area falling under Naugarh Block of Varanasi (now Chandauli) district. Recently (2001) the operational area has spread to Allahabad and Pratapgarh District also. Target group of PEPUS primarily comprises of Dalits, Tribal, Migrant workers and women, all drawn from the downtrodden section of society.
The vision of PEPUS is “Establishment of an Exploitation Free Society” . PEPUS believes that there should be self reliance among all the sections of the society and at the same time inter and intra dependency should be there. Nature and the society are complementary to each other and this paves the vision of PEPUS.
The Mission of PEPUS is
1. To make the Dalit, Tribals and the downtrodden section of the society self reliant through education, training and awareness.
2. To work for gender equity
PEPUS incorporates the following values and guiding principles in all its activities
• People centered and right based development interventions.
• Transparency in work culture and accountability for social audit.
• Participatory approach and stakeholders' participation in all interventions.
• Promoting human values.
• Gender sensitive programme planning, implementation and monitoring.
• Conservation and nurturing local resources and promoting traditional knowledge.
• All interventions striving towards qualitative and sustainable output.
Paryavaran Evam Prodyogiki Utthan Samiti (PEPUS) was registered on 1990 under Societies Registration Act, 1860, having Foreign Contribution Regulatory Act (FCRA) and exemption under Income Tax Act, 1961.